Tuesday, October 1, 2013

My First Youth Group Field Trip!

A couple weekends ago, Jesse & I took 13 youth group kids to Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio for the PointFest concert.  Bands included Building 429, Tenth Avenue North & Third Day.  But the headliner was TobyMac!  He has been one of my favorite Christian artists going back to the days when Jesse & I met.  We had an amazing time strolling through the park & relaxing on the beach before seeing TobyMac.  All of this might sound like a great trip, no big deal, until you consider...

1) I have three children ages 5 & under, one of whom is still breastfeeding & needs me every 4-6 hours or so for a quick snack.  This is both a blessing & a curse.  I would NEVER change the fact that I breastfeed, but it makes it difficult to leave her for longer than a few hours.  It required a bit of planning, pumping & two babysitters who weren't afraid to do meal times, play & bedtime with all three girls.  Start to finish, I was away from the kids for a total of 18 hours.

2) My last attempt at going with the youth group to a concert was disastrous (more to post about this later).  Needless to say, we never actually saw/heard any of the concert.

I'm incredibly thankful that I had the opportunity to go on this trip.  Although we got home in the wee hours of the morning & it took me a few days to recover, it was well worth it.  Not only did I get to see TobyMac, but I was able to spend some quality time with my lovely hubby, sans children.  Plus, when I did get home, I was able to appreciate my little ones all the more.

Our group upon arrival at the park.

We had a great view of the concert.

Love this man so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment