- Jesse is taking me to see Five Iron Frenzy this weekend. He loves ska music & has been excited to see one of his favorite groups get back together. I don't really know any of their music except this song. I'll be really disappointed if they don't play it!
- We have the opportunity to buy our church's 15 passenger van. I find this both practical & ridiculous!
- I'm so thankful for all the wonderful people in our lives that have given us clothes for the girls over the years. I keep clothes sorted in plastic tubs based on age/size. I seriously have enough clothes to open my own store (future career here...perhaps!). But from all of these clothes, I can count on one hand the number of outfits Jesse & I have purchased. We have been so blessed to have people give us clothes & buy them as gifts for our children, that we have never needed to buy many items ourselves.
- As much as I stress about money, I'm grateful that we have a roof over our heads & can afford our little luxuries (if the occasional fancy meal out & a couple of concerts count as such).
- I've been reflecting a lot lately on this bible verse that keeps popping up in my life:
"Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God." Philippians 4:6
- When I was younger, I heard the expression, "Let go & let God." I'm finding this to be much more difficult as an adult/spouse/parent/slight control freak.