Thursday, November 14, 2013

Some odds & ends

I've been very sick for the last week & haven't had the energy to think about blogging.  Today is the first day I'm starting to feel like myself.  So, as I get back into the swing of posting, I'd like to give you some random thoughts:

- Jesse is taking me to see Five Iron Frenzy this weekend.  He loves ska music & has been excited to see one of his favorite groups get back together.  I don't really know any of their music except this song.  I'll be really disappointed if they don't play it!

- We have the opportunity to buy our church's 15 passenger van.  I find this both practical & ridiculous!

- I'm going to see Pentatonix in April!!!!  If you don't know them, you should!  I'd start with this one or maybe this.  There's always this amazing song (which I was already obsessed with before they sang it) or this fantastic compilation!  They are all fantastic, but I must say that Mitch has the voice of an angel!

- I'm so thankful for all the wonderful people in our lives that have given us clothes for the girls over the years.  I keep clothes sorted in plastic tubs based on age/size.  I seriously have enough clothes to open my own store (future career here...perhaps!).  But from all of these clothes, I can count on one hand the number of outfits Jesse & I have purchased.  We have been so blessed to have people give us clothes & buy them as gifts for our children, that we have never needed to buy many items ourselves.

- As much as I stress about money, I'm grateful that we have a roof over our heads & can afford our little luxuries (if the occasional fancy meal out & a couple of concerts count as such).

- I've been reflecting a lot lately on this bible verse that keeps popping up in my life:
"Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God."  Philippians 4:6

- When I was younger, I heard the expression, "Let go & let God."  I'm finding this to be much more difficult as an adult/spouse/parent/slight control freak.

No comments:

Post a Comment